About Pack 575
We are chartered by the Elks’ Lodge #2379 of Canyon Country, and are members of the Bill Hart District, Western Los Angeles County Boy Scouts of America.
We have a great program for boys in Kindergarten through Fifth Grades. Most of our members attend James Foster Elementary School, Plum Elementary School, Mountain View Elementary School and Emblem Elementary School but we welcome other boys in the area who are interested in joining Cub Scouting.
We invite you to come and see just what scouting is all about. Look forward to meeting you.
- Den Meetings
- 1 – 2 meetings per month. Schedule made by Leaders at the beginning of the year.
- Usually lasts about 1 hour
- Committee Meetings (leaders and scout parents to plan the program)
- Sunday – 2nd Sunday of each month.
- 5:30-7 @ Committee Chair’s house
- Pack Meetings
- 3rd Wednesday of each month
- 6:30 – 7:45pm @ Aroyo Seco Jr. High
- Pack Activities
- Vary per month but usually on the weekends.
- See Calendar
- Contact our Membership Chair
- Pack 575 program and activities are partially funded by a combination of dues and council approved fundraisers.
- Additional information can be provided upon request.
- All the Pack leaders are volunteers
- The success of the Pack COUNTS on the active participation of the PARENTS!
- Parents are expected to assist their den leaders with their meetings and to volunteer to chair and assist in the different Pack activities
- Variety of positions available so please get involved.
Pinewood Derby – Boys, with the help of their parents, craft a small block of pine into a dream car for a First Place victory.
Blue & Gold – A birthday dinner celebrating the Cub Scout Program. The banquet is traditionally a dinner for the entire family while watching all the ranks bridge and celebrate our Arrow of Lights move to Boy Scouts..
Bike Rodeo – The Bike Rodeo is fun event on two wheels for our boys and their siblings. Learn bike safety and how to fix parts of the bike. While fun activities riding through obstacle course or join in on the “slow race”. A hit for the whole family
Raingutter Regatta – /strong>Boys, with the help of their parents, craft a small boat from balsa wood into a decorated craft worthy of sailing.
Cub Scout Day Camp Program – Boys join in on some summertime fun at Day Camp. A full five days at the local boy scout camp, where the boys can earn many of their achievements and electives at one event! This camp is ALWAYS a hit!
Family Camp – Scouts and their families are invited to spend a weekend camping at a few more of our bigger boy scout camp locations. The Pack organizes activities for the cub scouts and families. There is usually a small additional fee for participating. Families supply their own tent and camping gear, while the Pack supplies the chefs and some amazing meals.