Checklist for Boys New to Scouts
- If you have not filled out an application and paid your dues, please do this. This will allow to participate in Den and Pack activities as an official Cub Scout. You can pick up an application at our local Boy Scout Store or contact us.
- Bookmark the pack website and refer to it when you need information. You may also find our pack Facebook page helpful.
- The Cubs are divided by age/grade into Dens, effective June 1. Your Den Leader is your first line of information and planning. Your Den Leader will help your Cub learn about Scouting and Pack 575.
- Go to the Scout Store (24338 Walnut St, Santa Clarita, CA 91321) and purchase a uniform shirt, pants, belt and socks for your Cub’s level. The Scouter at the shop will help with the patches that you need. Just tell him/her that your age and that you are with Pack 575. For patch placement, you can refer to this online tool, or ask at the Scout Shop.
- That is it. Start having fun! One thing you can start with is the Bobcat award requirements. You can find them in any of the Cub Scout books and they are the basics that all Cubs should know.